Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 29, 2017

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to determine what one PayPal balance were on a specific date?

I downloaded a transaction history, but I can't figure out where to check the balances. I tried calculating the balance by looking at the transactions directly before and after the required date, but this is not reliable because PayPal sometimes pays for a purchase in one currency from the balance in another currency, so sometimes the balance of another currency would have
... See more
Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to determine what one PayPal balance were on a specific date?

I downloaded a transaction history, but I can't figure out where to check the balances. I tried calculating the balance by looking at the transactions directly before and after the required date, but this is not reliable because PayPal sometimes pays for a purchase in one currency from the balance in another currency, so sometimes the balance of another currency would have been impacted by a given transaction, but that effect is not shown in the transaction history.

Essentially, I need to figure out what was my PayPal balance on 1 January 2015 and 1 January 2016, in EUR, USD and GBP. A single EUR amount would also be useful to me.

Any easy answers?

Samuel
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Monthly statements Aug 29, 2017

You can download monthly statements under "Reports". I believe you can find what you need in them.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where is "Reports"? Aug 29, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
You can download monthly statements under "Reports". I believe you can find what you need in them.

Where is the "Reports" option? I don't see it anywhere.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Here Aug 29, 2017

reports

You only get this in a business account. Personal accounts don't have them, but why would you use a personal account for business purposes?

It's possible that PayPal doesn't offer the reports in all countries, of course.

Cristina Crişan
Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 12:54
English to Romanian
+ ...
detailed activity Aug 29, 2017

Have you tried setting the 1st of January as start date (under 'Activity') and clicking 'Detailed' on the right hand side?
As far as I know you can only see records for the last two years with a personal account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to check PayPal balances on a certain date

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »