Is there a way to remove downloaded strings from Desktop Editor?
Thread poster: Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 06:22
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 13, 2018

I took on a big project, which is supposed to be delivered in batches. I made the mistake of downloading the whole job to the Desktop Editor all at once, so that when I am now done translating the first batch and want to edit it, I confirm a string, only to be jumped to the next unconfirmed (untranslated) string hundreds of strings down. And then I have to go back up and find my spot again.
Is there a way to remove the batches I am not yet working on, so I can finish the first one? I also
... See more
I took on a big project, which is supposed to be delivered in batches. I made the mistake of downloading the whole job to the Desktop Editor all at once, so that when I am now done translating the first batch and want to edit it, I confirm a string, only to be jumped to the next unconfirmed (untranslated) string hundreds of strings down. And then I have to go back up and find my spot again.
Is there a way to remove the batches I am not yet working on, so I can finish the first one? I also wonder what will happen when I do QA on the first batch, and I have all those untranslated strings.

My version is 6.210.5, and I work on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 19:22
Chinese to English
+ ...
An easier way Mar 13, 2018

Tools > Preferences > CAT > After confirming a segment, jump to the

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 12:22
English to German
In memoriam
Download again Mar 13, 2018

Lincoln's suggestion is good, simply change the behavior after confirming.

Alternatively, you could download the single files of the batch and work on these files instead of the full batch. You can even switch between working on the full batch and working on the single files. The translation on the server should always be synchronized, regardless on what kind of local file you work.

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 06:22
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh, that's great! Mar 13, 2018

Thank you, both of you! Very helpful. I didn't realize I could re-download them, and then have my already done translations populate the strings. And changing the behavior is great to know too!

Thanks!

Vaclav Balacek
Vaclav Balacek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:22
English to Czech
+ ...
Memsource support Mar 19, 2018

Hi Elisabeth,
Please note that you can also contact us on [email protected] or search help.memsource.com for a reply if you ever need any more assistance.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Is there a way to remove downloaded strings from Desktop Editor?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »