Thread poster: Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner
Nico Wagner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:23
English to German
Mar 25, 2021

Hi everyone!

I have a memoQ server project with lots of URLs that are embedded in memoQ tags. Is there an easy for me to copy these URLs to my clipboard or to open them in my browser?

Thank you!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:23
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not directly Mar 25, 2021

Indeed, when you try to copy tags, you end of with an ugly [obj] character that serves no purpose.

May I ask you why do you need to open the URLs? If you could benefit from having the URLs in the text as normal text, I am sure a bit of tweaking at import time should allow for the "href" component in "a" tags (if you are working with files in HTML format) could help so that you saw the URLs as normal text.

Nico Wagner
Portugal
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I need them for reference Mar 25, 2021

Hi Tomás,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The URLs contain reference material like videos and documents that I may need to open. I don't have the original documents, and the import was done by my client's client, so I don't really have a chance to change that process.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe seeing them in a bilingual RTF file? Mar 25, 2021

I believe that you can export the file from memoQ into a bilingual RTF file and export the full text of inline tags. This should allow you to copy the URLs from a bilingual table made from your translatable file.

The option is here when you choose to Export a bilingual file:
Captura de pantalla 2021-03-25 124418

Does this help?

[Edited at 2021-03-25 11:46 GMT]

Nico Wagner
Portugal
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect, that's it! Mar 25, 2021

That is exactly what I needed, thanks again for your time and your quick reply!

Although this is just one more in a long list of things that could be so easy in memoQ but aren't....

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I am glad it worked! Mar 25, 2021

Yes, I know what you mean. I reckon we cannot really ask developers to solve all our daily challenges by dumping buckets of new features into software products. I believe in lean, simple-to-use software that, when needed, allows us to export and process things for special needs. One example es LSP.expert: it is lean and simple to use; when you want to do special analytics, you can export data and use other means.

Good luck with the project!

Dan Lucas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Solved] Copy tag content to clipboard

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »