How do I open an online MemoQ project on my old computer using the file project.mprx?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 07:26
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2020

How do I open an online MemoQ project on my old computer using the file project.mprx?

I have to switch from my new computer back to my old computer. The online project has already been opened on my new computer and saved onto an external harddrive, the same external harddrive I now have connected to my old computer. But I get an error message when browsing to the file project.mprx and try to open it.

This is the error message I get:

Unable to open document
... See more

I have to switch from my new computer back to my old computer. The online project has already been opened on my new computer and saved onto an external harddrive, the same external harddrive I now have connected to my old computer. But I get an error message when browsing to the file project.mprx and try to open it.

This is the error message I get:

Unable to open document or project.
General error.

[Edited at 2020-04-17 10:55 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:26
Danish to English
+ ...
Check it out from the server Apr 17, 2020

The normal procedure would be to check out the online project from the server on the old computer.

Had the project been synchronised from the new computer – or did you work with auto sync.? If not, you should synchronise it now from the new computer – if it still works, which you don't tell us.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 07:26
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check out a second time? Apr 17, 2020

The project works fine on the new computer, it's just that I need to ger more RAM installed in it. Until then, I have to use my old computer.

So I have to check it out a second time, even though the MemoQ files for this project on the external harddrive works fine on my new computer?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:26
Danish to English
+ ...
Check it out from the server Apr 17, 2020

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

The project works fine on the new computer, it's just that I need to ger more RAM installed in it. Until then, I have to use my old computer.

So I have to check it out a second time, even though the MemoQ files for this project on the external harddrive works fine on my new computer?

Yes. Just be sure to sync. the project from the new computer first.

Just moving the files on the external drive clearly isn't as simple as you think. The project has to be indexed, the paths identical, etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »