Thread poster: Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:17
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 9, 2020

Once in a while, I need to work on my client's MemoQ project offline. So I download / synchronize the project files, including multiple TMs.

Recently, MemoQ failed to "Synchronize offline" one particular TM that was pretty important. The error message said, "A translation memory with the same name already exists in this location."

I deleted my local TM copy and tried to synchronize the server TM again. The same error message popped up.

Hrm, I thought. That
... See more
Once in a while, I need to work on my client's MemoQ project offline. So I download / synchronize the project files, including multiple TMs.

Recently, MemoQ failed to "Synchronize offline" one particular TM that was pretty important. The error message said, "A translation memory with the same name already exists in this location."

I deleted my local TM copy and tried to synchronize the server TM again. The same error message popped up.

Hrm, I thought. That is strange. On my PC, I opened the folder "C:\ProgramData\MemoQ\Translation Memories" and checked that no such TM was there.
Tried to synchronize again. Same error message.

Then I opened MemoQ Options and changed the default resource folder to "C:\ProgramData\MemoQ\Translation Memories2". Surely, an empty folder would not contain the same TM, as MemoQ claimed it did.
Tried to synchronize again. Same error message.

I even downloaded the latest version of MemoQ, v9.2, and tried the same steps. No luck.

What am I doing wrong? Any clues on how to make MemoQ "forget" this local TM ever existed on my PC and make it re-sync the server TM successfully?

Thank you for any help!
Collapse

Marcelo da Luz
LeoM1905

Mostafa Kamel
Mostafa Kamel
Egypt
Local time: 14:17
English
+ ...
TM Mar 23, 2020

Try to export online TM to your PC and make a local TM and reimport it to the local one.
if you can't export it, that means your client closed offline download / synchronize of TMs.

Marcelo da Luz
Marcelo da Luz  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:17
English to Portuguese
Me too Apr 26, 2020

I'm facing the same issue (memoQ 8.7), it seems Kilgray support team doesn't know how to solve it too... (I guess this issue is related to some Windows registry key.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server TM fails to synchronize offline

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »