Has anyone ever got this error message from MemoQ? What does it mean and how can I fix it ?
Thread poster: YL2017
YL2017
YL2017  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:28
Chinese to English
+ ...
Dec 6, 2019

I've been seeing this error message from MQ recently:
TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

It first happened when I was trying to import a bilingual document(memoq xlz file) into my project, I'm not sure what went wrong and all of a sudden I can't do anything in the software, no opening project/starting translation/creating new project, I can't eve
... See more
I've been seeing this error message from MQ recently:
TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

It first happened when I was trying to import a bilingual document(memoq xlz file) into my project, I'm not sure what went wrong and all of a sudden I can't do anything in the software, no opening project/starting translation/creating new project, I can't even close MQ, and everywhere I click this error messege popped up....
After I restart my computer I was able to create a new project, but somehow when I tried to open the old project it all happened again.

hopefully someone can help me figure out what's wrong.....Thanks in advance~!
Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:28
Polish to English
+ ...
Do not waste your time. Dec 6, 2019

There may be a bug or error in the package involved. What bug or error, who knows... Do not waste your time waiting. Before you receive any reply, I suggest to:

1. reinstall MemoQ (the latest version, of course);

2. ask your client to prepare the package again BUT with one or two insignificant text amendments (like a double space and/or double character instead of one), and - if possible - on ANOTHER computer.

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find th
... See more
There may be a bug or error in the package involved. What bug or error, who knows... Do not waste your time waiting. Before you receive any reply, I suggest to:

1. reinstall MemoQ (the latest version, of course);

2. ask your client to prepare the package again BUT with one or two insignificant text amendments (like a double space and/or double character instead of one), and - if possible - on ANOTHER computer.

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find the reason (if you send the package to them) but how long a time will/would it take?

HTH

AM
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Kilgray support response time Dec 6, 2019

Andrzej Mierzejewski wrote:

Probably the Kilgray people are able to find the reason (if you send the package to them) but how long a time will/would it take?

It occasionally happens that a file is corrupted, but MemoQ support can fix the problem. If you put in a support ticket using Kilgray's support platform on their website and mark it Critical, they will usually respond within a few minutes, in my experience.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone ever got this error message from MemoQ? What does it mean and how can I fix it ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »