Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 16:10
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 17, 2011

This problem is always confusing me, anyone else met the same problem. Ctrl+X is OK , but when I try to CTRL +V , nothing was pasted.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:10
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A problem in your Windows operating system? Dec 17, 2011

Works alright over here. To me, this sounds like some issue in your Clipboard in Windows. I don't know how to reset the Clipboard, but you may want to check the web for solutions about resetting/emptying Windows' Clipboard.

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
China
Local time: 16:10
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This problem only exists in MemoQ Dec 17, 2011

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Works alright over here. To me, this sounds like some issue in your Clipboard in Windows. I don't know how to reset the Clipboard, but you may want to check the web for solutions about resetting/emptying Windows' Clipboard.

Since it only occurs in MemoQ, I think it is problem of MemoQ. In MS WORD and other applications, CTRL+X, CTRL +V is OK.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Report it to Kilgray Dec 17, 2011

Hm... I reckon it would be best to report this to Kilgray's support email. Do describe the kind of document (supply a copy if doing so does not violate your privacy obligations) and indicate your exact language combination. It could be a bug.

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
maybe Skype toolbar? Dec 17, 2011

Hi Jing,

We have seen this happen if the Skype toolbar is installed, can you please check if that is there? It takes over some of the clipboard functionality in not a very nice way.

Best regards,
István

Xbu
Xbu
English to Spanish
Solution to the problem Feb 22, 2012

Hi, I have been having this same problem. I did not know the reason why but, based on your suggestion, I have uninstalled Skype, and the functionality is back again. I can cut & paste now as I used to before Skype.

Thank you so much for your help, it has been most valuable.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:10
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
There are alternative shortcuts for cutting and pasting Feb 22, 2012

I just wanted to add that you could have also tried the following, alternative keyboard shortcuts:

- Ctrl+Insert for copying
- Shift+Delete for cutting
- Shift+Insert for pasting

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:10
English to Russian
can't cut/paste Apr 17, 2012

Jing Nie wrote:

This problem is always confusing me, anyone else met the same problem. Ctrl+X is OK , but when I try to CTRL +V , nothing was pasted.

I do experience the same malfunction.
It began when I installed Win7. I do not have Skype on my PC. So what is to be uninstalled else in my case? Windows7 I guess...

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:10
English to Russian
It works now! Apr 18, 2012

Imhoff123 wrote:
I do not have Skype on my PC...

Gee! I had some skype feature installed, though I didnt know that. Sorry, guys. Uninstallation was a really effective solution. Thanks loads for your hints

[Edited at 2012-04-18 09:30 GMT]

Erika Lichtenberg, DPSI
Erika Lichtenberg, DPSI  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
English to Czech
+ ...
Pasting does not work if you have cut text that includes a tag Jan 19, 2013

Hi,

this is about MemoQ version 6.2.
The pasting issue seems to occur if the cut-up text contains a tag.

Cutting just text without tags works fine.

I contacted Kilgray support. They replied with a suggestion to remove the Skype plugin from my browser. Since I did not have the Skype plugin installed, they said I could remove just any plugins from my browser and try one by one which one might be causing the issue.

Neither of them was it,
... See more
Hi,

this is about MemoQ version 6.2.
The pasting issue seems to occur if the cut-up text contains a tag.

Cutting just text without tags works fine.

I contacted Kilgray support. They replied with a suggestion to remove the Skype plugin from my browser. Since I did not have the Skype plugin installed, they said I could remove just any plugins from my browser and try one by one which one might be causing the issue.

Neither of them was it, though.

They replied it might be some application that starts up automatically when Windows starts up.
However, I consider this plain nonsense. Moreover, I have no useless software on my PC, so even if it were any Windows application, I am sure I need it, so closing it because MemoQ can't deal with it won't help me much.

In a nutshell, Kilgray support guys seemed lost and I found the incessant suggestions to remove plugins and look for problematic appplications on my PC quite unhelpful.

Anyone has the same problem and maybe found a solution?
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Drag and drop? Jan 19, 2013

Have you tried dragging and dropping?

HTH

Piotr

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Indeed we are/were lost Jan 22, 2013

Hi All,

This issue has been puzzling Kilgray support and developers, as the Skype plugin previously really interfered with the shortcuts. Unfortunately we never managed to reproduce the error, so we don't see what is causing this. This is usually the case when third-party applications haphazardly prevent certain functions from working, that's why Erika was asked to remove other plugins, etc., because the Windows clipboard logic is not totally robust. What we did in the end is that w
... See more
Hi All,

This issue has been puzzling Kilgray support and developers, as the Skype plugin previously really interfered with the shortcuts. Unfortunately we never managed to reproduce the error, so we don't see what is causing this. This is usually the case when third-party applications haphazardly prevent certain functions from working, that's why Erika was asked to remove other plugins, etc., because the Windows clipboard logic is not totally robust. What we did in the end is that we introduced some defenses and logging mechanism "blindly", and I suppose that in the next build we'll have this fixed - or if not, we'll be logging information that you can share so that we can get closer to the fix. As I said, we cannot test it as we don't have this problem on any PC.

Istvan
Collapse

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
Four years later and the problem is still there... Mar 4, 2015

.. in MemoQ 2014 R2. I turn Skype on and Cut an Paste stops working - in MemoQ ONLY! Not in any other program. Come on, now, blaming an issue like that on the other software is lazy. You expect Skype to make changes to accommodate for MemoQ quirks? It's going to have to be the other way around, I'm afraid.

David Cassidy

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Another one solution Mar 16, 2015

Hello, everyone.
Just realised a few techincal trroubles with Memow and Ctrl+x/V:

1. Skype.

Skype is causing this trouble. My solution was to uninstall both Skype and MemoQ and install Skype the FIRST! It helped me to avoid install of Skype OVER MemoQ and helped to avoid this trouble.

2. Another trouble, that causes problems with Ctrl+X/V are torrent-clients (torrent programs). Shutting them down turns Ctrl+X/V back on.

Good luck, everyb
... See more
Hello, everyone.
Just realised a few techincal trroubles with Memow and Ctrl+x/V:

1. Skype.

Skype is causing this trouble. My solution was to uninstall both Skype and MemoQ and install Skype the FIRST! It helped me to avoid install of Skype OVER MemoQ and helped to avoid this trouble.

2. Another trouble, that causes problems with Ctrl+X/V are torrent-clients (torrent programs). Shutting them down turns Ctrl+X/V back on.

Good luck, everybody.
Collapse

cristina_nic (X)
cristina_nic (X)
Romania
Local time: 10:10
Romanian to English
+ ...
This works! Jun 20, 2015

CJIoHuKu wrote:

This fixed the problem for me. Closed BitTorrent, and the problem went away. Skype was still running fine.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CTRL+X, CTRL +V not working

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »