Thread poster: Fang Yuan
Fang Yuan
Fang Yuan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 18, 2018

大家好,我需要提交给美国移民局一些中文文件。他们的要求是"Any document submitted to the Service containing a foreign language, must be accompanied by a full English language translation that has been certified by the translator as complete and accurate ,and that the translator is competent to translate form the foreign language into English.“
这里的翻译者们遇到过这样的要求吗?是怎么提供这些certification 的呢?谢谢

JaneWJH
JaneWJH  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
英国 Feb 18, 2018

不了解美国的情形,英国一般做法是译员在每一页附一段声明,包括自己姓名、相关资历、如CIOL 或 ITI 会员代号、联系方式、对翻译件的质量负责,签名,并盖章 。

详情见 https://www.iti.org.uk/language-services/official-translations

希望对你有帮助!新年好!

[Edited at 2018-02-18 17:04 GMT]

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Sample texts for translation certification Feb 18, 2018

也是英国经验,可能和美国的要求相距不远?

去年见过一领事馆提供的简易版本,在译文末最下方:

I, (name of translator) at (contact address) hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct English translation of the Chinese original document.

Full Name of Translator: (in print)___________________ (with professional and academic qualifications and titles)
Contact Address and Phone Number: _______________
... See more
也是英国经验,可能和美国的要求相距不远?

去年见过一领事馆提供的简易版本,在译文末最下方:

I, (name of translator) at (contact address) hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct English translation of the Chinese original document.

Full Name of Translator: (in print)___________________ (with professional and academic qualifications and titles)
Contact Address and Phone Number: __________________________________________
Date: ___________________

另外一较详细的翻译社版本:

We, (name of translation company), at (full contact address), hereby certify that the above document has been translated by an experienced and qualified professional translator and that, in our best judgment, the translated text truly represents the content, meaning and style of the original text and constitutes in every respect a correct and true translation of the original document.

If you require any information on the above translation, please contact us at (contact phone number).

供参考。
Collapse

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
必须经过公证 Feb 18, 2018

Fang Yuan wrote:

大家好,我需要提交给美国移民局一些中文文件。他们的要求是"Any document submitted to the Service containing a foreign language, must be accompanied by a full English language translation that has been certified by the translator as complete and accurate ,and that the translator is competent to translate form the foreign language into English.“
这里的翻译者们遇到过这样的要求吗?是怎么提供这些certification 的呢?谢谢

请注意,光有 translation certification 还是不够的。这种 translation certification 还必须经过公证。不然,肯定会被移民局退回。

https://www.nationalnotary.org/knowledge-center/about-notaries

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
美国国务院官网有建议版本 Feb 19, 2018

找到美式版本,US Department of State 的网站链结里面的 Information about Translating Foreign Documents
有此建议。是公开资料,应该可靠。

https://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/154965.htm

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

又說:

The excerpt below is from the N-400 application instructions. The instructions do not specifically state that translations must be notarized; however, in my experience, the certification of the translator’s credentials is usually notarized.

据此,译本不必公证,但你的翻译资格(如证书)通常都需要公证。

供参考。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
English to Chinese
+ ...
两者之间能否划等号? Feb 19, 2018

David Lin wrote:

The excerpt below is from the N-400 application instructions. The instructions do not specifically state that translations must be notarized; however, in my experience, the certification of the translator’s credentials is usually notarized.

据此,译本不必公证,但你的翻译资格(如证书)通常都需要公证。

Question 1: "The instructions do not specifically state that translations must be notarized" = "译本不必公证"? The answer is No!

Question 2: "in my experience" = "in my personal experience"? The answer is Yes!

我在前面本应说得更明确些,提交给美国移民局的中文文件(或其影印本)及其译文,都必须经过公证。公证书不但要证明译文与原文相符,更重要的是,还要证明原文的 Authenticity 以及原件与其影印本相符。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

美国移民局要求文件 certified by the translator

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »