Automated creation of new project-related resources for new clients
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 7, 2018

When I start translating for a new client, say 'Obermayer', I want to create a dedicated glossary for non-translatables, a glossary for QA checks, a TM, a client folder and a project folder, consisting of the name of the client and the smart date format yyyy-mm-dd:

~/Dropbox/CT/gloss/nt/nt_obermayer.txt
~/Dropbox/CT/gloss/qa/qa_obermayer.txt
~/Dropbox/CT/TM/obermayer.tmx
~/Dropbox/CT/prj/obermayer
~/Dropbox/CT/prj/obermayer/obermayer2018-03-07

He
... See more
When I start translating for a new client, say 'Obermayer', I want to create a dedicated glossary for non-translatables, a glossary for QA checks, a TM, a client folder and a project folder, consisting of the name of the client and the smart date format yyyy-mm-dd:

~/Dropbox/CT/gloss/nt/nt_obermayer.txt
~/Dropbox/CT/gloss/qa/qa_obermayer.txt
~/Dropbox/CT/TM/obermayer.tmx
~/Dropbox/CT/prj/obermayer
~/Dropbox/CT/prj/obermayer/obermayer2018-03-07

Here's a macro that asks you to type the name of the new client and then creates all necessary folders and files:

KM-macro

I'll add the actions needed to create the resource definitions for the NT and QA glossaries:

/Applications/CafeTran.app/Contents/Java/infos/resources/Glossaries/nt_obermayer.res
/Applications/CafeTran.app/Contents/Java/infos/resources/Glossaries/qa_obermayer.res

And maybe I'll let the macro create the project template (for the new client) for the Dashboard, with all necessary resources already checked.

[Edited at 2018-03-07 11:56 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Enhancement Mar 7, 2018

I've added the creation of the NT and QA glossary resources and the project template for the new client.

Note that you'll need to create default resources, a default TM and a default project template, according to your preferred settings and screen layout.

enhancement

[Edited at 2018-03-07 18:45 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automated creation of new project-related resources for new clients

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »