Airport tax for foreign interpreters who travel to Mexico.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 01:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2018

Dear interpreter colleagues,

I hope you are doing well. I'm writing to you because I was offered to be a Spanish-English interpreter in a conference in Cancun,Mexico. My client is a translation company based in Asia.

They are asking me to do an estimate of my trip expenses to bill the client there including visa and airport tax fees.

I'm trying to find out if Mexican Airports request foreign visitors to pay airport tax when they visit their country. I don
... See more
Dear interpreter colleagues,

I hope you are doing well. I'm writing to you because I was offered to be a Spanish-English interpreter in a conference in Cancun,Mexico. My client is a translation company based in Asia.

They are asking me to do an estimate of my trip expenses to bill the client there including visa and airport tax fees.

I'm trying to find out if Mexican Airports request foreign visitors to pay airport tax when they visit their country. I don't need a visa to travel and to work in Mexico during those days.

I'm a U.S. Citizen but I'm asking myself If I will need to pay this airport tax when I will visit Mexico. I may travel around the month of May. Feel free to contact me and feel free to write to me in Spanish if you are a native Spanish speaker.
Greatly appreciated.
Yugoslavia

[Edited at 2018-03-10 13:23 GMT]
Collapse

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker
Mexico
Local time: 22:10
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No Mar 11, 2018

No, as far as I am aware there is no such thing (unlike in other Central American countries, such as Honduras and Costa Rica).
I have flown into and out of Mexico several times before as a visitor, and know others who have, and I've never heard of an airport tax here.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 01:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mr. Parker. Mar 11, 2018

Hi Mr. Parker, I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for letting me know.

I appreciate it. They also told me that I don't need a work visa if I'm coming to work as an interpreter during that conference for only 4 days. The Mexican Consulate told me that the reason why I don't need to apply for a work visa is because I will be working for a foreign company those days. Thanks again for your help. Yugoslavia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Airport tax for foreign interpreters who travel to Mexico.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »