Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can tools like Dragon really improve your productivity?
Thread poster: Juliano Martins
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:01
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Ruskin Sep 10, 2016

I discovered today that OSX Dictation knows John Ruskin without me having to type it. Kudos to OSX Dictation!

Now if it would just stop typing "hi" instead of "high".....

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 11:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
More haste, less speed Sep 11, 2016

I'm dictating this using Dragon right now. I started using it a few years ago when I was having problems with my wrists and back etc, and it has certainly taken a lot of the strain off my poor old body.

However, I don't really subscribe to the notion of always striving to boost one's productivity. I think my current output is fine just the way it is. However, using tools like Dragon or CAT programs has changed the way I work. It is true that I can jabber away and produce more text
... See more
I'm dictating this using Dragon right now. I started using it a few years ago when I was having problems with my wrists and back etc, and it has certainly taken a lot of the strain off my poor old body.

However, I don't really subscribe to the notion of always striving to boost one's productivity. I think my current output is fine just the way it is. However, using tools like Dragon or CAT programs has changed the way I work. It is true that I can jabber away and produce more text than if I were typing, but I also make more mistakes, which means I need to proof read/check my drafts more, so at the end of the day, I think it more or less balances itself out.

Sometimes I think it would be nice if people didn't have to obsess so much about increasing their revenue/productivity/client portfolio etc. Occasionally, it's nice to be able to slow down a bit and smell the coffee/roses... Or whatever takes your fancy.
Collapse

Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:01
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 11, 2016

Thank you very much everyone for all the answers. It's been a pleasure to read all your insights and it helped a lot.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can tools like Dragon really improve your productivity?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »