kclow2310
kclow2310
Singapore
Local time: 17:41
Member (2018)
Chinese to English
Jul 27, 2017

I tried installing the update and got this error:
Error writing to file C:\ProgramData\SDL\Trados\SDL Trados Studio\Studio 5\Updates\StudioUpdate\Client.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory. I cancel installation of the update but cannot find my Trados. I tried reinstalling Trados and got the same error.

Can anyone help please?

Nadja Balogh
Nadja Balogh  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:41
Member (2007)
Japanese to German
+ ...
Support fixed this for me Jul 28, 2017

I had the same problem yesterday, but SDL Support fixed it for me (in a remote session).
Since I only watched passively (I'm not really great with computers...) my answer may not be very helpful, but as far as I could tell one part of the solution is to execute the install file as administrator and to lower your OS security settings as much as possible, including any anti-virus software (of course temporarily only during the installation process).
Hope this helps a little.

John M Voss
John M Voss  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:41
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
TRADOS 2017 REINSTALLATION Aug 3, 2017

Hello,

Here s how it worked for me:

-DELETE all components of the old TRADOS installation (by hand, REMOVE SUITE OF PRODUCTS leaves some in place).

-SWITCH OFF ANTIVIRUS for at least 30 mins (some AV have an option to select the OFF time).

-Perform a clean re-installation with a new package downloaded from the Download site.

-Once downloaded, do not hit EXECUTE, rather SAVE them on Desktop.

-OPEN as ADMINISTRATOR
... See more
Hello,

Here s how it worked for me:

-DELETE all components of the old TRADOS installation (by hand, REMOVE SUITE OF PRODUCTS leaves some in place).

-SWITCH OFF ANTIVIRUS for at least 30 mins (some AV have an option to select the OFF time).

-Perform a clean re-installation with a new package downloaded from the Download site.

-Once downloaded, do not hit EXECUTE, rather SAVE them on Desktop.

-OPEN as ADMINISTRATOR (!) - that option is in the context menu (right click).

-Do the same for MULTI TERM.

-A computer restart, if not more than one, will be required. When the computer restarts that will automatically switch back on the ANTIVIRUS.

So you should switch AV OFF again because TRADOS as you run it for the first time performs an automatic UPDATE. Let it do that, and then switch Antivirus back on. Now it should all work...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot install update or Trados 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »