8.1 (64 bit) and DPI 15
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:26
Dutch to English
Jun 9, 2017

Has anyone else noticed that Dragon (DPI 15) is no longer supported in MemoQ 8.1 (64 bit version)? I have noticed that the last few 64 bit versions do not work with Dragon, but I worked around this by using the 32 bit versions. However, MemoQ 8.1 no longer supports dual versions; you can only use the 64 bit version if you have a 64 bit computer. I have contacted support, but they don't seem worried. Has anyone else noticed this issue or heard anything from MemoQ about it?

Thanks,... See more
Has anyone else noticed that Dragon (DPI 15) is no longer supported in MemoQ 8.1 (64 bit version)? I have noticed that the last few 64 bit versions do not work with Dragon, but I worked around this by using the 32 bit versions. However, MemoQ 8.1 no longer supports dual versions; you can only use the 64 bit version if you have a 64 bit computer. I have contacted support, but they don't seem worried. Has anyone else noticed this issue or heard anything from MemoQ about it?

Thanks,

Olly
Collapse

Bree Salmon
Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:26
Japanese to English
DPI 15 crashes on me Jun 16, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by "DPI 15 is not supported," but I had to roll back to 7.8 because 8.1 crashed every single time I tried to speak text into a target segment. Is the same thing happening for you?

When I contacted Support about the crashing, they said, "this is a known issue in memoQ 8.1.3 and our developers are working on the fix. We will send you an email you when it is fixed."

Because of the amount I translate every day, I am absolutely dependent on Dragon
... See more
I'm not sure what you mean by "DPI 15 is not supported," but I had to roll back to 7.8 because 8.1 crashed every single time I tried to speak text into a target segment. Is the same thing happening for you?

When I contacted Support about the crashing, they said, "this is a known issue in memoQ 8.1.3 and our developers are working on the fix. We will send you an email you when it is fixed."

Because of the amount I translate every day, I am absolutely dependent on Dragon. So I'm hoping they get the issue sorted sooner rather than later.

[Edited at 2017-06-16 14:28 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas Goldberg
Thomas Goldberg  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Cryptic error message when I start dictating Jun 17, 2017

I have the exact same problem – as soon as I start dictating, MemoQ will open a popup with an error message; when I click OK to close it, the message instantly reappears, which goes on indefinitely, and the only thing that helps is closing MemoQ via the Windows Task Manager.

I worked around the issue by going back to MemoQ 2015, which works perfectly. Still it's somewhat bothersome that I cannot use MemoQ 8.1 right now. I hope they'll fix that bug quickly.

Thomas Goldberg
Thomas Goldberg  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
It works now Jun 22, 2017

I am happy to report that with the latest update this bug was fixed.
Dictating in MemoQ 8.1 now works as smoothly as in older versions.

Thanks, dear Kilgray team, for taking care of this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

8.1 (64 bit) and DPI 15

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »