Visio 2013-2016 vdx (like docx,xlsx) support
Thread poster: mikhailo
mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 13:46
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 21, 2016

DVX3 3 imports xml, exported from Visio in versions up to 2010.
Main format in later versions of Visio — VisioX (vdx), which like docx, xlsx - zipped archives with xml and other resourses.
But the problem is that Visio13,16 can't export to xml, and DVX3 can't import new vdx format.

I don't think it takes to much job to add vdx extension to office live filter.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ah, wonderful Visio Nov 21, 2016

I work with Visio Professional 2007 these days. For Visio versions 2007, 2010 and 2013, you may convert the VDX file to VSD format, which Déjà Vu X3 understands and imports.

Careful, however, with the color changes. My client had to redo the whole thing because she didn't like the pale yellow (compared to the bright yellow in the original) in the boxes. Her choice, of course.

I've never used the XML filter to work with Visio files, though.

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Nov 21, 2016

Mario Chavez wrote:

I work with Visio Professional 2007 these days. For Visio versions 2007, 2010 and 2013, you may convert the VDX file to VSD format, which Déjà Vu X3 understands and imports.

Careful, however, with the color changes. My client had to redo the whole thing because she didn't like the pale yellow (compared to the bright yellow in the original) in the boxes. Her choice, of course.

With conversion vdx-vsd some OLE-objects are corrupted. This is more serious problem than a color change.
But the things that MS continuously changes something unnecessary in newer versions make me crazy. I HATE MS for this.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
OLE objects Nov 22, 2016

mikhailo wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:

With conversion vdx-vsd some OLE-objects are corrupted. This is more serious problem than a color change.
But the things that MS continuously changes something unnecessary in newer versions make me crazy. I HATE MS for this.

In that case, we face two problems:

a) Having the exact version as the client's Visio program is not always possible or desirable (each Visio version costs $50-$300, on average)
b) Déjà Vu X3 (rather, Atril) may be slow in adopting and implementing new Visio filters

What to do? Perhaps asking the customer to prepare their Visio documents only in the version we have, that is already compatible with a DVX3 filter.

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Jan 11, 2017

Mario Chavez wrote:
b) Déjà Vu X3 (rather, Atril) may be slow in adopting and implementing new Visio filters

The best way — a tool to create own filters, for example with set of regexes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visio 2013-2016 vdx (like docx,xlsx) support

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »