Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:48
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
One more suggestion: Dec 21, 2016

Making changes /delete entries / segments in the TM with the concordance window (CTRL+S, when looking up for terms / phrases) opened (it was possible in Trados 2007; in Studio I don´t know).

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
I have explained a method to do this Dec 23, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

7) Automatic search of subsegments/ LSC
DVX, similarly to MemoQ's LSC could also automatically display phrases it has found in the SOURCE segments of the TM, signalling to the user that a given phrase exists in the TM. Deepminer is a great mechanism, but it's based on statistics, which means that a phrase needs to appear several times in the TM for the Deepminer to utilize it and suggest the translation.
LSC, on the other hand is free from such worries, because it doesn't suggest translations, it only searches for expressions in source segments, thus informing you that you have already translated something similar.
It's something like Trados auto-concordance, but smarter.

Years ago I have published a method on how to achieve this in DVX/DVX2, and it should also work in DVX3. You can use the Lexicon to display sub-segments from source. You will have to create/fill a very big TM containin chunks. First you take all your source text from TM and you pass it though a monolingual text extraction; then you have also to extract your project text and translate it with the Lexicon using the Chunk TM.
My whole method is described in the DVX Yahoo User group, in the File section.

Mike

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 11:48
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Jan 25, 2017

1. Sorting target alphabetically (the same as source)
2. List of/Regex filters for placeables.
3. Advanced regex support for filter/segmentation (i see often manually bulleted text and I don't want to see bulleting in DVX table)
4. Segmenting on tabs/multiple tabs (there is a lot of document creators, that uses tabs for text alignment and paragraphs.)
The solution, discussed in topic, leaves tabs in segments - but it's not easy to put them into translation (copy/paste onl
... See more
3. Advanced regex support for filter/segmentation (i see often manually bulleted text and I don't want to see bulleting in DVX table)
4. Segmenting on tabs/multiple tabs (there is a lot of document creators, that uses tabs for text alignment and paragraphs.)
The solution, discussed in topic, leaves tabs in segments - but it's not easy to put them into translation (copy/paste only)
Collapse

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:48
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Autopropagation of exact matches to confirmed segments (as an selectable option) is a must Jan 26, 2017

Trados has it:

Autopropagate to exact segments

And although Atril developers cannot understand why this would be useful (I have discussed it with them multiple times at proz.com virtual conferences), it is a must have feature when reviewing a translated file with confirmed segments. If one of those confirmed segments is edited, why would it not be autopropagated to identical confirmed segments?

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

[Edited at 2017-01-26 12:50 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:48
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
very much agree Jan 26, 2017

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

Trados has it:

Autopropagate to exact segments

And although Atril developers cannot understand why this would be useful (I have discussed it with them multiple times at proz.com virtual conferences), it is a must have feature when reviewing a translated file with confirmed segments. If one of those confirmed segments is edited, why would it not be autopropagated to identical confirmed segments?

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

[Edited at 2017-01-26 12:50 GMT]

… and hope they add this in the new version.

Michael

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:48
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Segmenting on tabs is already possible… Jan 26, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

The solution, discussed in topic, leaves tabs in segments - but it's not easy to put them into translation (copy/paste only)

…by adding it to the segmentation rules. You just need to paste an actual tab character in, instead of "\t".

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
One more request Jan 26, 2017

The option to use several translations for one Lexicon entry.

And one more: make Autowrite consider commas, hyphens and other indicators to suggest reasonable phrases (sometimes single words too), rather than illogical bits of sentences.

And again: something similar to MemoQ's LSC, please!

[Edited at 2017-01-26 15:12 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proposals for improvement

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »