Max Hellwig  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:04
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 4, 2016

Hello everyone!
I use Deja Vu X2 Professional for a while now and have already translated pdfs. But for some reason now the pdf filter is missing from all lists and when importing a file (pull down menu set to all known file types) pdfs do not appear.
Has anyone ever encountered such a problem or has any ideas how to fix it (except for reinstalling the program)?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:04
English to Turkish
+ ...
repair Jul 4, 2016

Hi Max,

First try repairing your installation, it should work.

Selcuk

Max Hellwig
Germany
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nope Jul 4, 2016

Unfortunately, repairing didn't change a thing...
I can actually import the file choosing all files instead of supported files, but that just gives me a bunch of gibberish...

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:04
English to Turkish
+ ...
Access method Jul 4, 2016

In that case reinstallation may be required.

You will want to keep your settings / customizations, then there is another solution.

I would move my settings file to the desktop. Then repair the installation. A new settings file will be created.

Now open both settings files with MS Access and copy Filters table from the new file to old file. Save the old file, delete the new file and move your old settings file to the original folder.

This shou
... See more
In that case reinstallation may be required.

You will want to keep your settings / customizations, then there is another solution.

I would move my settings file to the desktop. Then repair the installation. A new settings file will be created.

Now open both settings files with MS Access and copy Filters table from the new file to old file. Save the old file, delete the new file and move your old settings file to the original folder.

This should work but possibly Atril support will not suggest it.

Selcuk
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:04
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Reinstall? Jul 4, 2016

If the filter is missing, maybe a new installation will get it back for you.

Max Hellwig
Germany
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
looks like Jul 5, 2016

Yeah, looks like I'll have to use a sledgehammer and reinstall... Well, for now I got the source file in a different format from the client.

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf filter missing from DVX2

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »