Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:29
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Apr 11, 2016

Dear colleagues,

as stated in my headline: I tried to export a huge sdlxliff file (16,000 words) with X3 (9.0.736) in which I put in multiple comments (~ 552 words; in the target segments). When exporting the completed file, at the end of the export the process crashes (only the process; not X3), leaving me behind with following message:

"XLIFFFilter DeleteUnusedSDLXLIFFComments Line 8330.

But, when opening the same project in X2 and exporting the same fil
... See more
Dear colleagues,

as stated in my headline: I tried to export a huge sdlxliff file (16,000 words) with X3 (9.0.736) in which I put in multiple comments (~ 552 words; in the target segments). When exporting the completed file, at the end of the export the process crashes (only the process; not X3), leaving me behind with following message:

"XLIFFFilter DeleteUnusedSDLXLIFFComments Line 8330.

But, when opening the same project in X2 and exporting the same file, no crash occurs and I can open the exported sdlxliff file in Studio and even create the Word target file, but all comments are gone. What should I consider with the comments in general? Is X3 not able to process more than a certain number of comments / comments words?

Perhaps I have to mention, that the sdlxliff was created from a Word file containing text fields (in fact, it is a converted pdf file).

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

[Edited at 2016-04-12 07:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X3: export of huge sdlxliff with comments crashes, but not with X2

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »